Cooking with Pressure Cooker

I'll tell you something ha...if you're a professional cook, please don't laugh at me, okay? :D

I don't know how to use the pressure cooker properly! LOL. I always wonder why, whenever I cook beef, I don't get my desired meat tenderness. I was thinking, how much time ba do I need to get my desired super tender na beef? My pressure cooker kasi is the one with valves, not the new edition ones kaya sometimes when the pressure cooker start doing that noise, I turn the stove off. I also place a lot of water sa meat. Now I know I was doing it wrong pala. Here's what i found out (from gopresto.com) about cooking using the pressure cooker:

The Pressure Cooking Method

These easy steps serve as a simple guide to using a pressure cooker. They are not intended, however, to be a substitute for the manufacturer's instructions which accompany your pressure cooker model.
1. Check recipe for specific cooking method and cooking time.Pour required amount of liquid into the pressure cooker, then add food. Use the cooking rack, if desired.
2. Hold cover up to light and look through the vent pipe to make certain it is open and unclogged. Then, place cover on pressure cooker and close securely (cover handle should be directly above the body handle).
3. Place pressure regulator firmly on the vent pipe. Heat the pressure cooker until the pressure regulator begins to rock slowly. Adjust heat to maintain a slow, steady rocking motion. Cooking time begins at this point.
4. Cook for the length of time specified in recipe, then reduce pressure as specified. When recipe states "let pressure drop of its own accord," set the cooker aside to cool. When recipe states "cool cooker at once," cool immediately under a water faucet or by pouring cold water over it.
5. Pressure is completely reduced when the air vent/cover lock has dropped. Remove the pressure regulator. Then, remove pressure cooker cover and serve food.


Now, I think I have to buy a more modern type of pressure cooker. :D

 

2 Kind Word(s):

Unknown said...

I love using my pressure cooker! It cuts cooking time in half and my stews come out so tender.

~ Mhay ~ said...

yeah, pressure cooker cuts cooking time :) That's good for you :)