I remember my teenage years. When I was their age, you can never see me in the streets late at night, doing nothing but loiter. That was not how I was raised by my parents. Time changed and so are our values. Today teenagers are more exploring, more, adventurous, more hard-headed, more shallow, and more without purpose in life. I was burdened by this young people. I hope I can do something for them.... I also hope that when the time comes that my daughter reached that age, she will be different. I pray that we'll be able to raise her with the right values, with a good character, with fear and faith in God. I pray that we'll be able to raise her to be a help in uplifting our people and our country.
1. "In a hole in the ground there lived a family of earth worms!."
2. "It has been done but that ain't no matter."
3. "After dark the rain began to fall again, expect a soft, cool breeze, grab a good book and a coffee!"
4. "We were freed from the hold of the Spanish galleon."
5. "There was a hand in the darkness, and it assures him that there's nothing to worry about."
6. "Accidents ambush the unsuspecting, unprepared mind."
More fill-ins here.
...And how do you find it?
I got this from my inbox this morning. It's a lovely letter. Read on...
You may not know me, but I know everything about you…Psalm 139:1
I know when you sit down and when you rise up…Psalm 139:2
I am familiar with all your ways …Psalm 139:3
Even the very hairs on your head are numbered…Matthew 10:29-31
For you were made in my image…Genesis 1:27
In me you live and move and have your being…Acts 17:28
For you are my offspring…Acts 17:28
I knew you even before you were conceived…Jeremiah 1:4-5
I chose you when I planned creation…Ephesians 1:11-12
You were not a mistake…Psalm 139:15-16
For all your days are written in my book…Psalm 139:15-16
I determined the exact time of your birth and where you would live…Acts 17:26
You are fearfully and wonderfully made…Psalm 139:14
I knit you together in your mother’s womb…Psalm 139:13
And brought you forth on the day you were born…Psalm 71:6
I have been misrepresented by those who don’t know me…John 8:41-44
I am not distant and angry, but am the complete expression of love …1 John 4:16
And it is my desire to lavish my love on you..1 John 3:1
Simply because you are my child and I am your Father…1 John 3:1
I offer you more than your earthly father ever could…Matthew 7:11
For I am the perfect Father…Matthew 5:48
Every good gift that you receive comes from my hand…James 1:17
For I am your provider and I meet all your needs…Matthew 6:31-33
My plan for your future has always been filled with hope…Jeremiah 29:11
Because I love you with an everlasting love…Jeremiah 31:3
My thoughts toward you are countless as the sand on the seashore…Psalm 139:17-18
And I rejoice over you with singing…Zephaniah 3:17
I will never stop doing good to you …Jeremiah 32:40
For you are my treasured possession …Exodus 19:5
I desire to establish you with all my heart and all my soul…Jeremiah 32:41
And I want to show you great and marvelous things…Jeremiah 33:3
If you seek me with all your heart, you will find me…Deuteronomy 4:29
Delight in me and I will give you the desires of your heart …Psalm 37:4
For it is I who gave you those desires…Philippians 2:13
I am able to do more for you than you could possibly imagine…Ephesians 3:20
For I am your greatest encourager…2 Thessalonians 2:16-17
I am also the Father who comforts you in all your troubles …2 Corinthians 1:3-4
When you are brokenhearted, I am close to you…Psalm 34:18
As a shepherd carries a lamb, I have carried you close to my heart…Isaiah 40:11
One day I will wipe away every tear from your eyes…Revelation 21:3-4
And I’ll take away all the pain you have suffered on this earth…Revelation 21:4
I am your Father and I love you even as I love my son, Jesus…John 17:23
For in Jesus my love for you is revealed …John 17:26
He is the exact representation of my being…Hebrews 1:3
And He came to demonstrate that I am for you, not against you…Romans 8:31
And to tell you that I am not counting your sins…2 Corinthians 5:18-19
Jesus died so that you and I could be reconciled…2 Corinthians 5:18-19
His death was the ultimate expression of my love for you…1 John 4:10
I gave up everything I loved that I might gain your love…Romans 8:32
If you receive the gift of my son Jesus, you receive me…1 John 2:23
And nothing will ever separate you from my love again…Romans 8:38-39
Come home and I’ll throw the biggest party heaven has ever seen…Luke 15:7
I have always been Father and will always be Father…Ephesians 3:14-15
My question is...Will you be my child?…John 1:12-13
I am waiting for you…Luke 15:11-32
Thank for this tag Vannie :)
- Link with the person who tagged you.
- Copy above images.
- Post this on any or all of your Blog/s.
- Answer the two-part questionnaire following these Rules. (Feel free to elaborate your answers. For questions 8 - 14, post only the one (1) which you believe best describes your choice.)
- Share this with at least seven (7) friends on your Blog Roll.
- Come back to Living A' La Mode (DO NOT CHANGE THIS LINK PLEASE.) and leave the URL of your Post in order for you/your Blog to be added to the Master List.
- Have fun!
- Tet of A Sweet Taste of Life
- Cee of Living A' La Mode
- Dez of My Life in this Wonderful World
- Vanniedosa of Life With Style
- Mhay of Married and Happy About It
- Do you exercise full or minimal control over your child's / children's behavior? ~I exercise full control over my child's behavior.
- Do you expect your child / children to obey 100% or let her / him / them do what pleases her / him / them? ~I don't expect her to obey me a 100% now, but hopefully when she gets older she would.
- Do you welcome discussion or you simply set rules?~I welcome discussion. I often talk to my daughter, explain to her why I need to spank her or why what she wants is not good for her. I also give her choices. And these works well with us.
- Do you reprimand?~Yes, of course.
- Do you use spanking for punishment?~Yes but not all the time. Sometimes I let her face the wall.
- Do you use some kind of a reward System for motivation?~Sometimes.
- Do you enjoy being a Parent?~Yup. Very much!
- Are you a hands-on Parent or do you have a full-time Nanny?~I have a full-time nanny who takes care of her everyday when I'm at work. When Im at home specially during weekends, I see to it that I give all of my time to her.
- At what age would you let your child make simple decisions for himself / herself?~I let her make simple decisions now.
- Do you and your Husband have the same Parenting Style?~I think I'm more strict than my husband.
- How long have you been married?~3 years and 8 months
- How do you feel about being a Wife?~I love it.
- What has been your typical sleeping attire since you got married?~ Pajamas, mostly cotton sleep wears
- How do you show how appreciative you are of your Husband?~By being affectionate and vocally appreciative.
- What do you do when your Husband annoys you?~Keep quiet for quite some time until he say sorry.
- You are buying or planning to buy your first house as Husband and Wife ....~We already did and we both like it.
- How does your house look like at the end of the day when Hubby gets home?~Very well kept
- How do you feel about running a household?~Exciting and Challenging
- What is the sweetest gift you have given your Husband so far?~Hmmm....a surprise birthday party last 2007... a month before he left for Riyadh.
Passing this to Heidi, Nette, Jona, Kitts, Lilet, Toni, and Yette
Also posted it here and here.
1. Why do we have to suffer the consequences of somebody's fault?
2. checking email every morning and blogging are now habits.
3. I have a runny nose right now.
4. I had never heard the phrase "LOL" and it confused me before, but now I came to understand it and used it so often. Lol!
5. I want to do it the way I always do.
6. How was I to know a place where I've never heard before and never been into in the first place?.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to snuggling besides my daughter early, tomorrow my plans include visiting the office of the summer swimming class for my daughter and Sunday, I want to finish reading my book!
More FF entries here.
How about you, do you like wearing uniforms?
I was given an award! :)
- Put the logo on your blog or post.
- Nominate at least 10 blogs which show great Attitude and/or Gratitude!
- Be sure to link to your nominees within your post.
- Let them know that they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
- Share the love and link to this post and to the person from whom you received your award.
1. When I look to the left, I see my boss, but ignored and look at the view outside instead :)
2. The living room is the room that has the best view in my home.
3. Let it work until you see the result.
4. I haven't anything done dirt cheap!
5. Casting your vote during election is a responsibility that all qualified citizens must share.
6. If you have any comments feel free to write it here :)
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to our worker's meeting, tomorrow my plans include visiting a smart wireless center to have my smartbro unit checked and Sunday, I want to play badminton with my sister!
More FF entries here! :)
Here are some of my latest great finds...
I called the white bolero Jasmine, it has a cute ribbon detail and the other one is a floral tunic. It's nice when worn over a pair of slim fit jeans or leggins.
The green top is so nice. It's a jacket type but can be paired with nice jeans or formal slacks. I also love this cute pink top. It's collar is cute and I love the puffed sleeves and the design itself.
Wonder where I got these? ;)
Your Birthday Predicts You're Sensitive
Ever since you were born, you've always been able to cooperate.
You enjoy supporting and being inspired by others. You appreciate the dynamic of a group.
Getting along with others is essential to you. You are both fair and well mannered.
You are very intuitive and easily effected by other people. Sometimes you are too delicate.
1. Helping my brother and supporting him in the hospital was my last random act of kindness.
2. Another place for a summer getaway!
3. I usually talk with my sister when I need opinions in matters of the heart.
4. Coffee, tea or water?
5. My best friend and I have taken separate paths. He's now working overseas.
6. Our clock reminds me that there is a need for battery replacement! lol!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to our rehearsal for the service on Sunday, tomorrow my plans include going to the prayer mountain for a moment of solitude and Sunday, I want to relax and just stay home but I can't, hayz!
More participants here.
- Test your eggs — If you're unsure of how fresh your eggs might be, try this experiment: fill a mug with water and add a pinch of salt. If the egg floats, consider it fresh. If the egg sinks, it's probably old.
- Stain fighter — To remove wet ink stains from the carpet, cover the stain with salt. Let sit over night and vacuum. The salt should have absorbed all the ink.
- Rid your garden of pests — Pour salt on snails and slugs and watch them disappear before your eyes. Salt will also repel ants.
- Fish prep — Before removing the scales from a fish, soak it in salt water. Removal will be much easier.
- Hang clothes outside in the winter — If you add a little salt to your rinse cycle, your clothes won't freeze if hung outside on a cold day. In addition, a clothes line soaked in salt water doesn't freeze either.
- Clean the bathroom — Mixed with turpentine, salt will help to remove the yellowed spots that appear on old white bathroom fixtures.
- Freshen your breath — Use salt as a mouthwash or gargle or add a little baking soda and use to brush teeth.
- Easy peeling — By boiling eggs in salt water, the shells will be easier to peel.
- Neutralize smelly pipes — Add salt to some boiling water and pour down the sink to eliminate stinky pipes.
- High peaks — Add a dash of salt to egg white for stiff, high peaks when making meringue or other baked treats.
- Enhance the flavor of coffee and tea — a pinch of salt in coffee grinds or added to a cup of tea is said to enhance the flavor of each of these beverages.
- Fire safety — Pour common household salt on a kitchen fire to extinguish.
- Keep clothes bright — Add a half cup of salt to your wash water to prevent fading.
- Shine silver — Shine tarnished silver by rubbing it with salt.
- Remove mildew — A mixture of salt and lemon juice will help to remove mildew from tubs, showers and tile.
- Kill weeds — Pour salt directly on weeds to kill them.
- Remove odors — If your hands smell like onion or garlic after prepping vegetables, rub them with a paste made from salt and lemon.
Got this article from Wisegeek. Sure, it is helpful and I'll keep this in mind. :)