1. My favorite food seasonings are salt and pepper.
2.My daughter's laughter is music to my ears.
3. Lucky is a word I seldom say.. I say bless or blessing instead.
4. My church ministry is something I take very seriously.
5. Many people thought that I'm on my twenties when in fact, I am already 30 :).
6. A pumpkin basket for my daughter's trick or treat was the last thing I bought at the store.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to watching my fave tv show, tomorrow my plans include rest and Sunday, I want to rest! The week is so tiring :)
For more fill ins, visit here.
I'll tell you something ha...if you're a professional cook, please don't laugh at me, okay? :D
|1. Check recipe for specific cooking method and cooking time.Pour required amount of liquid into the pressure cooker, then add food. Use the cooking rack, if desired.|
|2. Hold cover up to light and look through the vent pipe to make certain it is open and unclogged. Then, place cover on pressure cooker and close securely (cover handle should be directly above the body handle).|
|3. Place pressure regulator firmly on the vent pipe. Heat the pressure cooker until the pressure regulator begins to rock slowly. Adjust heat to maintain a slow, steady rocking motion. Cooking time begins at this point.|
|4. Cook for the length of time specified in recipe, then reduce pressure as specified. When recipe states "let pressure drop of its own accord," set the cooker aside to cool. When recipe states "cool cooker at once," cool immediately under a water faucet or by pouring cold water over it.|
|5. Pressure is completely reduced when the air vent/cover lock has dropped. Remove the pressure regulator. Then, remove pressure cooker cover and serve food.|
Now, I think I have to buy a more modern type of pressure cooker. :D
1. Right now, I'm feeling happy, anxious, excited and busy.
2. Where my husband is, is where I want to be.
3. How does one managed to own several cars during these days?
4. My positive outlook in life keeps me on track.
5. Please don't act as if you know everything.
6. My daughter fills me with joy.
More fill-ins here :)
- Your site should have original and unique content. It should be something that stands out or something that will spark interest on the wide internet readers.
- Don't be too wordy with too much text and content. Be creative. Use pictures and apply the K.I.S.S. principle as much as possible.
- Customers should immediately find what they are looking for. Use bullets or outlines to make your points.
- Once your website is live and running, consider how you will drive customers to it. (You also have to learn about using search engines, advertising, yellow page listing, linking, etc.)
They recently released this...Read on:
“The Economic Report” show to feature Heritage Web Solutions
October 22, 2008, Deerfield Beach, FL – The producers of The Economic Report are pleased to announce that Heritage Web Solutions will be featured in an upcoming episode as part of the show’s Business and Technology series on The Power of the Internet Supporting the 21st Century Business Environment.
The internet has revolutionized the ways businesses market themselves. It is essential for businesses, both large and small, to have an effective web presence. A company’s website essentially serves as their electronic store front, communicating the company’s identity to website visitors.
Today, there are approximately 970 million internet users thus making internet marketing the most effective way to appeal to customers from around the world. Websites overcome the limitations between countries and continents thus making a company international. Having a website also means that a business is open and reachable at any time and allows for quick customer response time.
But, it isn’t as simple as just setting up a website. The only way for a company to be set apart from other online competition is unique website design. Businesses turn to internet technology companies for the development of a professional and search engine friendly, website.
Utah-based Heritage Web Solutions specializes in designing and hosting affordable websites for small and medium size businesses. In business since 2001, Heritage designs all websites to custom fit each company, giving each client a unique, original and authentic design. Customers of Heritage also have access to custom flash graphics, Ecommerce development and assistance, database creation and management, traffic driving resources and more.
“As a global community, we are evolving into a technology-based world,“ said Brad Stone, Managing Partner, Heritage Web Solutions. “Rarely we pay cash or write a check anymore. More of our purchases are made online, or at least we research online before making a purchasing decision. Our checking, savings and credit card accounts are maintained and paid for online. Our socializing has moved to FaceBook, YouTube and MySpace. Our communications are emailed, texted or Skyped. Breaking news can now be fed instantly via RSS feeds to our computers or cell phones instead of waiting for the six o’clock news. The Internet is very much a main part of human society today.”
For more information, please visit www.heritagewebdesign.com
Grabbed this tag from Carlota
Spell your name using these letters:
A: Best Gf/Bf any one could have
B: You love a certain someone
C: People cant help but check u out
D: You are really lovable
E: You Are Great
F: Easy to fall in love with
G: You never let people tell you what to do
H: You have a very good personality and good looks
I: People love you
J: People Adore you
K: You’re wild and crazy
L: AWESOME KISSER
N: Easy to fall in love with
O: Best kisser ever
P: You are popular with all types of people
Q: You are a hypocrite
R: You love to kiss
S: You are freakin crazy
T: You are loyal to the ones you love
U: You really like to chill
V: your not judgmental
W: You are popular
X: You never let people tell you
Y: Sexiest bitch alive
Z: Never good enough…
A- Best Gf/Bf any one could have
Y- Sexiest bitch alive (huwat?!?)
L- AWESOME KISSER
Y- Sexiest bitch alive (well..I'm sexy, but I'm sure, I'm not a bitch :D)
N- Easy to fall in love with
Go grab and see what your name means :D
Para sa Brown Raise Movement.
...so the "karma" went up for the past two days. I also changed my theme. See...
I am not sure but what I’ve heard is that we’re going to participate again on a trade exhibit next year. If ever, I guess we will not have the same problems like the last time since I now found out a very reliable supplier for our trade show requirements --Camelback Displays. I was amazed of the various designs on their website. So I think next year we will have a fabulous display area.
What is a Filipino?
In 1542 to 1877, the word “Filipino” referred to a Spaniard living in the Philippines---the rest of the natives were called, “Indios.”
In 1878, José Rizal, for the first time, used the word Filipino to refer to the native population in the country.In 1998, a Greek dictionary defined the word “Filipina”, as a domestic helper.
Today, “Filipinos” is the brand name for a series of biscuit snacks made by Kraft Foods in Europe.
In Boracay, a white man was heard calling a waitress, “Hey monkey, come here!” and the poor Filipina dutifully approached.
Sad but true, the perception of a Filipino today is a striking contrast during the time of Rizal when Filipinos in Europe were referred to as “the glory of the universities”.
F.Sionil Jose’s article “Why We Are Poor” looks back in the 50s and 60s when the Philippines was still the most envied country in Southeast Asia. Today, we are alongside Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Ghana, in terms of economic and social standing.
The Brown Raise is a movement to CREATE A NEW PATH for the Filipino people—that his world need not always have to revolve around the shallowness of money, pleasure and survival, but that he is also capable of remarkable character, dignity, honor, visions for humanity and depths of nationhood.
The Brown Raise is a movement that seeks to unlock the secrets and strengths of a race and country which was once called, “the pearl of the orient seas”, and to discover and pursue the Philippines’ unique contribution to the hall of nations.Simply put, this movement was birthed to help Filipinos look up to themselves with dignity and worth.
6. Foster your child’s independence. Setting limits helps your child develop a sense of self-control. Encouraging independence helps him or her develop a sense of self-direction. To be successful in life, your child needs both.
There is no perfect parenting but at least there are tips that will help us parents on how to guide and parent our children. For that, I am thankful! :)
And here’s my choice. What do you think?
Here are 10 principles of good parenting according to Steinberg:
- What you do matters. Your kids are watching you. Don’t just react on the spur of the moment. Think “what do I want to accomplish, and is this likely to produce result?”
- Show your love. You cannot be too loving. Everyday, tell your children how much you love them. Give lots of hugs and kisses. It is simply not possible to spoil a child with love. What we often think of as the product of spoiling a child is never result of showing a child too much love. It is usually the consequence of giving child things in place of love – like leniency, lowered expectations, or material possessions.
- Be involved in your child’s life. Being an involved parent takes time, hard work, and means rethinking and rearranging your priorities, It frequently means sacrificing what you want to do for what your child needs to do. Be there mentally as well as physically.
- Adapt your parenting to fit your child. Keep pace with your child’s development. Consider how age affects the child’s behavior.
- Establish and set rules. The rules your child has learned from you are going to shape the rules he applies to himself. If you don’t manage your child’s behaviour when he us young, he will have a hard time learning how to manage himself when he gets older, especially when you’re not around. At any time, you should always be able to answer these: Where is my child? Who is with my child? What is my child doing?Provide order in your child’s life. Keep a regular schedule of meal, naps and bedtimes. If you have to change the schedule, tell your child about the changes ahead of time. However, you cannot micromanage your child. Once he or she is in middle school, you need to let the child do his or her own homework and make his own choices.
1. Follow the rules.
2. My camera is something I always take with me on vacation.
3. To achieve your goals, you must never stop aiming high, strive and persevere.
4. My love for cooking is something I'd like you to know about me.
5. I have a lot of work to do today though the boss is not around.
6. My daughter loves seeing paper boat floats.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to dinner with my daughter, tomorrow my plans include getting her a passport and Sunday, I want to relax and unwind!
For more fill-ins entries visit here.
"You can save money but money cannot save you"
True enough you can save money but in the end it cannot save you. Let us not put our trust in money. It will come and go. It gives no satisfaction. People will never feel enough but always the lack of it. In times like these, let us put our trust in God for He's the only one who can satisfy.
I know I’ve posted about Talkreviews here but here are some additional things that I’ve learned while reading their site.
I'll just go out for lunch today and that's it. Just to treat my self for the "hard work" I've done for the past 15 days. :D
You, what are your plans today?
This is what she loves doing lately...
Last night, we went to the nearby supermarket to buy some ingredient for the tuna pesto pasta that I'm planning to make. Since the little girl didn't want mommy to leave, I brought her with me.
I can’t believe that people has been tracing the family genealogy of Christ. A fiction book was even written about it followed by a movie. Personally I don’t think that’s possible.
Speaking of family genealogy, I am really curious about tracing my own ancestors. I am hoping that I’ll be able to find it out with publicgenealogy.org. I might even know, I’m a descendant of one of our country’s hero? :D
Back to my parenting nuggets this time.
The Balancing Act of Parenting
by: Harold J. Sala
I didn't say anything, but I began to reflect on the fact that parenting is constant struggle to maintain balance.
Observation 1: The wise parent has to balance expectations with abilities.
Observation 2: The wise parent has to balance love and discipline.
Observation 4: Successful parenting has to balance turning loose with holding on.
"Parenting is bringing out the best in our children without condemning them for what they cannot do or making them feel inadequate when they fail to meet our expectations."
a. Type your answer to each of the questions below into Flickr Search.
b. Using only the first page, pick an image.
c. Copy and paste the html into your blog or Flickr stream. Or use the Mosaic Maker at fd’s Flickr Toys.
1. What is your first name? ~Maylyn~
2. What is your favorite food? ~Fried Chicken~
3. What high school did you go to? Ordinary Public School
4. What is your favorite color? ~Purple~
5. Who is your celebrity crush? ~Piolo Pascual~ (slight)
6. Favorite drink? ~Iced Tea~
7. Dream vacation? ~Paris~
8. Favorite dessert? ~Ice Cream~
9. What you want to be when you grow up? ~Writer~
10. What do you love most in life? ~God~ (second is my family)
11. One Word to describe you. ~Simple~
12. Looked up your flickr name and see what pops up. ~my family~
That's why I decided to be inactive for a while :)
And so, as expected, my Karma went down again...
I was once an active plurker, until guilt hit me :D...As much as possible I only give 10-15 minutes on this site in a day..why? Simply because its addicting :D
1. One of the best concerts/plays/movies I ever saw that I really didn't think I'd like was a local movie A very Special Love.
More fill-ins here.