Google Books Library Project

I have seen a book about parenting when I was doing my book search. Unfortunately, the book is not available in the Philippines. :( I was disheartened...but I kept it to my self.

Few days passed but the eagerness to buy that book was still in me...Then a church friend told me that I can actually read it online, through Google Library! I felt a spark of joy within :) So I immediately searched for Google library, searched for that particular book title and voila!! It was there, right before my eyes! :D. I know maybe some of you will say..."ano ba yan....?" hehehe, eh sorry, I discovered it just now eh...:D

The catch: Although you can easily read the book you want... of course Google library are not always complete. Some pages of the book are not published so you have to really buy them if you want to read a complete copy! :D But still, you'll have a glimpse of the book.

As Mr. Google says on:
What's the goal of this project?

"The Library Project's aim is simple: make it easier for people to find relevant books – specifically, books they wouldn't find any other way such as those that are out of print – while carefully respecting authors' and publishers' copyrights. Our ultimate goal is to work with publishers and libraries to create a comprehensive, searchable, virtual card catalog of all books in all languages that helps users discover new books and publishers discover new readers."

 

0 Kind Word(s):